Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Pumpkin number three

Today I picked pumpkin number three. What a joy! I actually grew full sized butternut pumpkins!! It still blows my mind. I also spied a few tiny borlotti beans forming though I don't give them too much hope as the patch of ground they are in is horribly undernourished even with the assistance I gave it. That's what you get for gardening in sand.
The banana and the kiwis are still growing strong in spite of the hot weather and serious lack of rain. Why did everyone else get rain???

All in all things are coming along nicely and hopefully when the cooler weather hits I can do another serious plant up without using too much water.

In the meantime I will live vicariously through Hugh and his River Cottage gardens with their jet black soils and copious amounts of rain....ahh rain.

No comments:

Post a Comment